We have an immediate requirement for an Accounts Clerk (AP) based in Port Moresby, reporting to the Accounts Supervisor.
The Accounts Clerk (AP) role is responsible for many suppliers if which to ensure timely payments and maintaining good relations with both internal and external parties.
Main duties include:
- To ensure all documentation given for processing is approved in accordance with companies MOA.
- To ensure all documentation given is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure the data entry for the invoices are according to the payment terms. Supplier statement reconciliation(s) must be prepared to ensure all outstanding invoices are paid.
- Maintain good creditor relations by prompt resolution of payment queries/problems. Any difficulties in resolving issues/problems must be communicated to the AP Supervisor hence issues can be resolved promptly.
- Maintain all overseas supplier’s database.
- Always ensure company procedures are compiled with when making supplier data entry and reconciliation.
- Handle additional accounts from other AP staff on leave or absent from the office. Staff must ensure responsible accounts are in order prior to taking leave so as not to cause inconvenience to other colleagues.
- Ensure filing is done regularly and kept properly.
- Handle vendor reconciliation & payment planning.
- Perform other duties required by the job and asked by AP Team Leader.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Grade 12 with a Diploma in accounting or business studies.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payables
- Knowledge of purchasing and payment processing is an advantage
- Banking system and procedures, types of bank services and facilities available
- Very good knowledge of JDE system
Apply online via South Pacific Brewery (theheinekencompany.com) or email your applications to email@example.com
Thank you for applying only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us after 14 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 12th August 2022.