We have an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Technician – Lae, to join our Planned Maintenance Team with Engineering – Lae, reporting to the Planned Maintenance Leader.
Main duties include:
- Execute planned maintenance tasks in the area of responsibility and work on dayshifts: work preparation, execution, evaluation, and work administration.
- Execute frequent walk-around and running and stopped inspections to assess machine condition and report by means of tagging. Escalate issues to the next higher level when needed.
- Support production with technical knowledge in case of changeovers, AM tasks, and adjustments. Participate in AM and PM teams for improvement (e.g., 5 why, kaizen).
- Involve in RCFA and loss reduction activities.
Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 10/12 with trade certificate from technical college, TAFE, or equivalent.
- Mechanical education.
- A general interest in machine functioning: electrical, mechanical, automation.
- Preferably experience in a production environment.
- For technicians assigned for the workshop, specific skills on workshop equipment are required, e.g., lathe machine, and welding equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click HERE to apply
Screening applies to all received CVs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday 19th September 2022.