We have an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Technician – Lae, to join our Planned Maintenance Team with Engineering – Lae, reporting to the Planned Maintenance Leader.
The Mechanical Technician ensures the execution of the Safety agenda in the Packaging department while managing the entire process.
Main duties include:
- Implement and follow the key performance indicators and strive for continuous improvement.
- Set the strategy and the applicable external and internal legal requirements, according to the company policy, with the aim of reaching the planned quantities and packaging quality.
- Execute maintenance tasks.
- Support production in achieving operational targets.
- Execute unplanned maintenance tasks when working in shift: fault finding, fix/solve, break down reporting, root cause failure analysis, work administration.
- Attend production shift handover meetings.
- Execute planned maintenance tasks in the area of responsibility when working in the daytime: work preparation, execution, evaluation, and work administration.
- Execute frequent walk-around and running and stopped inspections to assess machine condition and report by means of tagging.
- Escalate issues to the higher level of management, when needed.
- Support production with technical knowledge in case of changeovers, AM tasks, and adjustments.
- Participate in AM and PM teams for improvement (e.g., 5 why, kaizen).
Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 10/12 with trade certificate from technical college, TAFE or equivalent.
- Mechanical education.
- A general interest in machine functioning: electrical, mechanical, automation.
- Preferably experience in a production environment.
- For technicians assigned for the workshop, specific skills on workshop equipment are required, e.g., lathe machine, and welding equipment.
To apply please forward your application letter and CV with the subject “Mechanical Technician Lae” to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening applies to all received CVs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 10th June 2022.