We have an immediate requirement for a Utilities Technician to join our Utilities team in the engineering department in our Port Moresby brewery. The utilities technician will be reporting to our Utilities Team leader.
Main duties include:
- Ensure individual plant operation is per design specification.
- Understand individual plant operations and operate utilities equipment.
- Monitor and Control utilities equipment.
- Execute shift duties, such as technical cleaning, execute hourly, 4 hourly, and 8 hourly equipment checks and make registrations.
- Identify deviations from a design specification and take immediate action if needed or follow up with a tag when not urgent.
- Act in case of dangerous situations, like ammonia, fuel, or CO2 leakage.
- Execute Preventive Maintenance tasks, on time and in full, according to the given schedule or work order.
- Report findings of inspections back to utilities engineer and work along with contractors in the utilities area and supervise safe working routines.
Qualification and Experience:
- Trade certificate (mechanical, electrical, automation, or instrumentation).
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of the following equipment:
- Compressed air installation
- Power generation and power distribution systems
- Water and wastewater treatment
- CO2 recuperation system
- Cooling system
- Steam generation
- Has basic knowledge and understanding of refrigeration and electricity legislation.
To apply, please email your application with the subject titled “Utilities Technician – POM” to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening applies to all applications received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 15th July 2022.